Monday, July 25, 2016

Gumamela Fellah!



I know I've probably said this before, but I absolutely looooove the flowers here. I have a tradition where I take a picture with each of my companions with red gumamela flowers in our ears. I kept mine in my ear one day and all the trike drivers seemed to feel the need to comment on how beautiful I am. Well, thanks I guess?? Speaking of beautiful things, I would like to share how wonderful the Spirit is. The third member of the Godhead is the Holy Ghost. He does not have a body, but rather, His role is to testify of truth and comfort us. In missionary work, it's so important that the Spirit is able to touch the hearts of the people we teach, so that they can know for themselves what we are saying is true. We were able to find a new family and the father was so prepared. He told us how he desired to know where the truth was. I could feel the Spirit prompting me and almost literally putting the words in my mouth that the family needed to hear. I want to hold onto that peaceful feeling as much as I can. I testify that each person, whether or not they are a missionary or a member, can feel the influence of the Holy Ghost in their lives if they let it. Indeed, the Spirit is a beautiful companion to have!




No comments:

Post a Comment