Monday, March 28, 2016

Hallayuyah



In the MTC, all the other sisters in my district made fun of how I pronounce the word "Hallelujah." So now that it is Easter, we can all cry hallayuyah together! This Easter is actually very special to me. No, there are no egg hunts or Easter bunnies, but something happened that's more sweet than all the chocolate bunnies in the world. Our investigator Rince was baptized and it made me so happy to see how her life has changed because of the Restored Gospel. Her testimony of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith and everything is so strong. Why? Because through her actions of reading, praying and attending church, the truth was manifested to her through the Holy Ghost. No, Christ will not descend to you to straight up tell you everything. Rather, spiritual knowledge and a testimony is learned through the Spirit, peaceful feelings and clear thoughts. I know this work is the Lord's, not mine. This baptism is the Lord's, not mine. As an Easter invitation, I invite all to learn more about the Savior's life and His Atonement, and specifically how it can be applied to our lives. I know that when we do this, our love for Him will increase and we'll shout "hallayuyah." 

Word of the Week: Aswang -- mythical filipino creature who eat babies. Ex: Careful to not cross that bukid (field)! The aswang will eat you right up! 




No comments:

Post a Comment