Saturday, June 6, 2015

10 Points to Ravenclaw!

So everyone here thinks that I'm really smart, but a bit quirky with my puns. I guess I am destined to be a Ravenclaw! My district and I got to attend the Provo temple. The grounds are super pretty and we got to take pictures together.

In the MTC, you get the opportunity to teach a fake investigator, a person who is interested in learning more about the Church. My companion and I taught Daryl (the investigator) all in Tagalog! It's crazy to think that I've only been here about a week, but I can already teach all the lessons in another language! Plot twist: Daryl is actually one of our teachers who'll teach us for the next 5 weeks!


Every Sunday and Tuesday the MTC holds a devotional, where a speaker will come to talk. On Sunday, we heard from Janice Kapp Perry, a famous composer who has written many hymns and children's songs. Her talk really showed to me the power that music has in bringing in the spirit. On Tuesday, we got to hear from D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. It was really neat being super close to an apostle of the Lord. He answered basic missionary questions and one thing that stuck out to me was he said "Quitting doesn't make you feel any better." There are times where the language can be frustrating or waking up at 6:30 each morning is hard, but I know that if I put forth my best effort, the Lord will make up the rest. Word of the Week! Nox -- Wow! (Also a Harry Potter spell)

No comments:

Post a Comment