Monday, November 28, 2016

Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain...and missions!



It’s amazing to me to think that this will be my last post before I go home. I think that my mission has been a mix of many, different experiences. However, despite any setbacks I’ve had, I can say that I have grown stronger because of it. I know that not all who read this may understand or agree with my beliefs, but I want to testify that I now know better than ever before that this work is real. And what I mean by that is that I know I have been called of God to serve here in the Philippines. As I have endured persecution and ridicule from others, I have yet been strengthened by loving companions, housemates and above all, my Savior. Of course, throughout my whole mission I haven’t been perfect. There have been days that, now, I regret because I know that I could have worked harder. But like our life on earth, one of my purposes here is not to become perfect, but rather to progress. I want to gladly say that I have indeed done that. I’m so very grateful that out of all the people in the world, I got to be here at this time. I’m so blessed. 



I'd like to end this with my testimony. I want to boldly proclaim that I know that there is a God and He knows and loves me by name. I know that this message and work helps families become eternal. Through each time period, God has called prophets for us to know about His plan. I know that Jesus Christ is real. Through His Atonement, where He suffered for all of our pains and afflictions, I can become clean again and return to the presence of my Father. I know that the Church Christ established on the earth was lost after His death, but through the Prophet Joseph Smith, has been restored again. I know that we have living prophets and apostles on the earth today that hold the correct authority, or Priesthood, needed in order to officiate in important ordinances, like baptism. I'm so grateful that I've received answers from my earnest prayers. That is simply my invitation to all. Pray and search for yourself to know that these things are true. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, Amen. 
 
Word of the Week: tapos na! -- finished Ex: My mission is tapos na! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the world on this blog. I've been following it for the last 2-3 months because my son will begin a mission there in January. Your updates have been inspiring, and I wish you this best in all you do! Hurrah for Israel.

    ReplyDelete