Monday, September 5, 2016

The Dog Days of Summer are Over



Here in the Philippines, the Brrr months (September, October, etc.) are the start of the Christmas and typhoon season. But speaking of dogs, we found this woman who owns lots of adorable puppies and couldn't resist taking a couple quick pictures. As one of the leaders, we get to conduct exchanges where we go to another sister's area and work with them. I got to go to the next door area, Pilar, and it was fun walking along the dikes and exploring a new place for a bit. We taught one family that are recent converts and their kids were so good during the lesson. They would race with one another to find the scripture reference or answer questions. Seeing their high participation made me happy because I realized that these children are so lucky to have a strong gospel foundation in their family. The longer I've been on my mission, the more I know that our message really does help families become stronger and united around Christ. I'm thankful to have been able to teach that principle to many families here.

No comments:

Post a Comment