Monday, June 13, 2016

Bamboo Rendezvous



This week we had two baptisms of two cousins of some families that we have helped reactivate. It has been amazing to see their desires for their entire families to become active once again and allow their sons to be baptized. To briefly explain, in the Church, we believe that baptism is an essential ordinance, or sacred act, that all people need to do in order to return to God. Through baptism, all our sins are washed away and we are made perfectly clean once more. Because of this, we believe that little children do not need to be baptized




because they do not yet recognize the differences between good and evil. Instead, when a child reaches the age of accountability, age 8, they can be baptized. I've been thinking about that for a while because my sister will be baptized this week. Even though I won't be there, I'm grateful to have witnessed many baptisms here on my mission and many people showing their desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ. 
We also had a mission activity at this bamboo park. It was cute to see all the panda bear paintings, even though I still haven't seen a single panda my whole mission. At least the shade was nice! 

Word of the Week:  pakikiapid --- adultery Ex: Do NOT commit pakikiapid!

No comments:

Post a Comment