Monday, February 22, 2016

Dog Days of Summer




So basically every day here is summer and filled with lots of dogs. Most of the dogs just roam around and I learned that if you just shhh! them they'll go away and not bite you. However, this last week, as I was riding on the outside of a trike, this dog came up and started chasing ferociously after us. It got about 1 foot close to me when the trike driver noticed him and then proceed to fearlessly kick the dog with his foot. The dog quickly tumbled away with no threat of returning. Needless to say, I am thankful for Arnold the Trike Driver for saving my legs. I've needed my legs a lot this week as we've been doing more walking then ever in trying to find people. One thing I love about Filipino people is how welcoming and kind they are, even if they obviously don't want to hear our message. Sister Cayanan and I were able to teach lots of new people and I'm thankful for all the miracles God has given us in our work this week.  





1 comment:

  1. That must have been scary with the dog!! So grateful you're okay!

    ReplyDelete