Monday, December 28, 2015

We built another house...gingerbread houses!

This Christmas will probably be one of the hottest in my life, but it was one of the most unique too. I discovered that none of the other sisters have ever made gingerbread houses before, so I found all the ingredients (which is miraculous by the way because no one knew what "powdered sugar" was) and we had fun making them. On Christmas, we had a gathering with the senior missionary couple and other missionaries. Elder Gardner, the senior Elder, shared with us how missionaries undergo certain challenges and trials but because of it, they become better people and can help others. He said if they were asked to do it again, they would say yes. He then related it to how the Savior, through the Atonement, suffered for us and if asked to do it again, even just for one individual, he would say yes. It struck me how even though being here has sometimes been hard for me, my mission isn't about me at all. It's about Him and building His kingdom on the earth. I know that Christmas can be every day and when we keep His spirit to be with us, we can have true lasting happiness. 




No comments:

Post a Comment